Problems with permissions

Pancakes

Question

Since a while ago, I have been having problems with permissions on my DrivePool. I will go to delete a folder, and it will tell me I need administrative rights to do so. If I wait between a few hours, or a few days and try again it will work. Once I attempt to delete the folder, I also will no longer have access to even open it. This seems to also be temporary.

It’s not all folders, only some. And age doesn't seem to play a part as it can be freshly added folders that have the problem. I can sometimes work around this by dragging the problem folder, into a new folder and deleting the new folder, but this is not 100%

I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard x64, and the only software installed is Stablebit Drivepool, Stablebit Scanner, HD Tune Pro (Never running), and CrashPlan+

This appears to have nothing to do with CrashPlan as it happens on folders that are not monitored, and stopping the CrashPlan service doesn’t change anything.

Does anyone have any ideas?

5 answers to this question

This is a known issue that has been fixed.  

Please download the public beta build (2.2.0.651), and that should fix the issue.

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.651_x64_BETA.exe

Awesome, got it installed

Is there anything I should do after installing, or should it just all be okay now?

Awesome, got it installed

Is there anything I should do after installing, or should it just all be okay now?

Nope, shouldn't need to do anything else (it should require a reboot, because it's a drive upgrade, if it didn't, do that, just case).

Specifically, the issue was with how folders were being deleted, so it was only triggered when that happened.