Unable to Safely Remove Drive

DrivePoolUser

Question

Hi, I have Drive Pool running from a laptop connected to a 4 bay HDD docking station. When I try to eject the device, it says that service is running and I can't eject.

I tried disabling Drive Pool Serivce and Drivepool Shut down, but it still won't allow me to shut down and eject drive.

How do i safely eject the connected docking station?

1 answer to this question

There might be something else involved. If you open a Command Prompt as an Administrator, you can use

dpcmd list-open-files

with the appropriate parameters (e.g. "dpcmd list-open-files *") to see what is keeping it from being ejected. Open directories aren't usually an issue but any open files/streams can prevent ejecting.

Note that this will only show files open inside the pool, not anything else that might be on the docked drives outside the pool. You could also try editing the "C:\ProgramData\StableBit DrivePool\Service\Settings.json" file to change the Override from null to true for "CoveFs_IsDiskRemovable" and reboot to see if that helps, but be aware this will affect all pools.