Remove pooled drives to place in different machine?

Desmo888

Question

I have an existing, unduplicated 2 drive pool that I want to remove from one machine and install in a different machine.

Do I remove each disk from the pool then install them in the new machine and add them to a new pool?

Or If I remove them from the existing pool will the new machine read the pool part file and work from there?

Also, once I remove the disk from the pool do I have to delete the pool or since no disks are part of it will it be deleted automatically?

1 answer to this question

If you want to move the pool over to the new system, you don't need to do anything with the pool.  Just turn off the machine, pull the disks, and put them into the new system.  Once the drives are connected, StableBit DrivePool should see the pooled disks, and recreate the pool on the new system. 

Additionally, if you do remove the disks from the pool, once the last disk is removed (either from the pool, or physically), StableBit DrivePool automatically removes the Pool from the system. There isn't anything you need to do there.