Cannot fix "Warnings" about corrupted or unreadable files, after having completely removed them

Lack Of Content

Question

I have been having Warnings about corrupted and unreadable files, but after having wiping all of those directories in an attempt to "start from scratch", the pool still reports that those files are corrupted or unreadable, like it doesnt see that I deleted them, as well as disconnected that pool from the other pool that was providing the backup data.

The pool's structure is that I have 2 pools.

An SSD pool containing 3 SSDs, and an HDD pool containing two 2TB HDDs.

The other issue is that I cant even see all or how many issues there are.  The popup window for the Duplication Warnings shows 9, and a "..." below it, i guess meaning there are many more.

I wish there was a better UI for handling these issues, like just a list I could scroll thru and select "forget this file or dir" or other options, just to clean this up.  Because as of right now, im going to have to backup all of my data and re-create the whole HDD pool

4 answers to this question

DrivePool keeps service logs in the C:\ProgramData\StableBit DrivePool\Service\Logs\Service folder which may be of help in tracking down why you're still getting the errors?

You could also try using dpcmd check-pool-fileparts from a command prompt run as an administrator; it will give usage examples.

e.g. dpcmd check-pool-fileparts p:\ > %userprofile%\desktop\cpf.log would perform a full consistency check of the pool p:\ and save the results (showing directory status and any file inconsistencies) to a cfp.log file on the current user's desktop. Note that this can take a long time if you have a big pool.

I ran the command...

dpcmd check-pool-fileparts k:\ > %userprofile%\desktop\cpf.log 

As K is my HDD pool with the errors.

The log file that it generated (and i waited until it generated the whole thing), did not find any of the files that the DrivePool app is warning me about.

I rebooted my PC completely to see if DrivePool just needed to be restarted to "forget" the files that no longer exist on that drive, however, after attempting to Re-Measure the pool, it still reports the same Warnings about corrupted or unreadable files.  Again, files that do not exist anymore on that drive.

Hmm. It may still be seeing the "deleted" files in the Windows recycle bin? Try deleting the hidden system $RECYCLE.BIN folder from the pool drive and then do another reboot and re-measure.

( e.g. via command prompt run as administrator, rd /s /q k:\$recycle.bin )

You might also want to check if Windows has decided to stick any $recycle.bin folders in strange places (e.g. I recently found one in my pictures folder) and delete those too.

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend asking for support via the https://stablebit.com/contact form.