BSOD kernel mode exception not handled drive pool Win 8.1

thomas4d

Question

Just moved from Drivebender and like you app alot more

BUT getting "kernel mode exception not handled error" BSOD when moving files IN the pool

running win 8.1 32 bit 2 gigs of ram (Just done a Ram test Alll clear)

have used 3 different Sata cards PLUS the motherobard, Still get the same error (so not a hardware or driver issue)

I have one pool 20 TB 6 drives

going though your error sysytem now Will add and upload ( and edit this post ) as do things

3 answers to this question

Well, I'm sorry to hear about the BSOD. 

COuld you upload that to us, so we can take a look at what is going on here?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_System_Crashes

There should be a Box.com upload widget at the bottom of the page

If you don't see it, you may need to turn off any ad or script blockers you may have installed (at least for that page).

Additionally, could you install the latest beta build?

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.634_x86_BETA.exe

Specifically, there is a fix related to 32-bit systems which would cause sporadic crashes.  This is likely the issue you are seeing.

And I'm glad to hear that you like our product better!

the Beta FIXED the Issue !!  Thanks and done a lot of testing cleaning up all the Drive bender Mess in the files cleared delete moved hundreds of files and directories,.

Definatly No crashing now  THANK your product is the BEST =)

off topic glad i don;t need it now  B)   BUT...

when i did try to follow the Set up the windows System failure section to catch and create a MEMORY.DMP file

it didn't work ? how long the you leave windows 8.1 crashing collecting data screen sit there ? ( and not reboot)

I left it for an hour and still not MEMORY.DMP file in the C:  or in the windows Directory ???

any way cool cool just a head ups that window 8.1 may be differnce or I'm a lame user missing something in your guide :)

Well, I'm glad that the beta fixed the issue (and yeah, it was likely the "sporadic crashing" issue I mentioned).

As for the memory dump, it should give a percentage on the BSOD page.  If it's not, there are a couple of things that could cause that. But most likely, the way it was crashing was preventing it from writing to the disk (which does happen, rarely).

There are some other tricks to get a dump in this case, but if the crashing is fixed, it may not be helpful anymore.

Additionally, in case it helps, we do have a user written guide for how to migrate from Drive Bender's pool to StableBit DrivePool:

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/511-migrate-from-drive-bender-to-drive-pool/?p=4554