Moving to new computer

Speedy838

Question

Hi.

I have just moved my disks from my old server to a new one. Drive Pool seemed to be happy about the move, all files and folders are intact and accessible from the drive pool drive.  P:

However, looking at the individual disks, (5 X  2 TB), I noticed that there seemed to be no files on any of the individual disks. (This folder is empty). Also, they did not show up on remote access to the server, (\\server name). All that shoved there was the default folders on D:, and D: is not included in the pool.

Due to differences between old and new servers, I had to do a re-install. when the server was fully updated, I shut it down, removed the licence from the old server. Installed the drives, except the boot drive, in the new machine, turned it on, installed drive pool and license.

The fifth disk I have just installed after the move and this also seems to be empty to file explorer.

If you look at the dashboard, 'Server folders and Hard drives', it only show the default folders on D:, but all the drives, including the pool drive is shown under the HD tab.

So, where did I go wrong?  Very well hidden files?

Anyway, at the moment it is busy duplicating files and balancing the drives so I will leave it to do it's thing.

Regards

Finn

1 answer to this question

What OS are you using?

If you're using WHS2011, then grab the WSS Troubleshooter and run it on the server:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Troubleshooting

Run the "Restore DrivePool Shares" option. This will reshare the pooled drives and show all of your content in the shares.

As for the drives, all the content are in hidden folders. so you won't see them by default. This gives the appearance of an empty drive, while it may actually be quite full.

If you're still having issues, could you open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact

And if needed, we can set up a remote support session for you, and I can get hands on with your system, and get this resolved for you.