Help: all the File Placement rules are gone from one of the pools

cryodream

Question

I am new to DrivePool, started using it 5 days ago, so please forgive my potential ignorance.

I have 2 pools defined now, planning to have 4 or 5:

• Movies: 14 drives (28.2 TB). This was my first pool. It was 9 drives before and the problem happened when I added 5 new drives to it.
  • TV Shows 4 drives (10.9 TB) This one was 2nd.

This is my first time ever pooling experience, I was looking into FlexRaid for a long time, but never tried it, because I was always worried with it not being stable enough with all them people having all kind of troubles (judging from the forums). Finally I decided to try DrivePool, it looked simple and stable enough.

So, everything worked perfectly and I was very happy with DrivePool, until today. My 1st pool (Movies) had 9 drives in it and I had about ~15 "File Placement" rules defined for all the "root" folders on that pool. I used those rules to manage my categories, ie: what movies were placed on what drives (movie sets, animation, etc...).

Today I added 5 new, freshly formatted and empty drives to that pool. I went to the Balancing > File Placement to set the rules for those new drives and found that all the previous rules that I had set up were gone!

To be honest, this makes me quite uncomfortable. I have a shitload of drives on the server (>50) and I don't wanna "play" with that much data.

Questions:

1. What happened? Is this a bug?
  2. Is there something I don't know and did wrong? Like the rules are reset if new drives are added, etc (hope not, because that'd be stupid)?
  3. Related to #2: are there any scenarios, where rules get auto reset or changed? I mean is there anything I should not be doing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 answers to this question

There is a bug with the file placement rules and having multiple pools.

I am sorry that this has affected you, and wiped your rules.

This bug is fixed in the internal beta builds, though.

If you could, please download the latest beta build and use that instead:

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/

I dont want to disturb your thread, but i think we should have the option to backup some of our configs, just in case something bad like this happens. 

We do plan on adding an "import/export" option, actually.