Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'update'.
Found 4 results
I am a long-time user of StableBit programs - but am confused by version #s : Currently running Scanner version 126.96.36.19991 Update from July 2018 is version 188.8.131.5290 Which is in fact the more recent version - judging by the "numbers" it looks as if I'm running a "newer" version than the current update. PS - I try to avoid beta versions of anything - don't have the time or expertise to beta test...
Hello everyone! With the reliability and density of today's spinning drives getting better all the time, and since I am now using DrivePool 2.x (works with any version of Windows), I've been thinking about leaving WHS2011, especially now that MS has ended support for it. I recently purchased a much more modern Supermicro motherboard than my current X7SBE that can use the more modern i3, i5 and i7 CPU's and up to 32GB DDR3 RAM. When I install this board, I am planning to finally ditch the 2 PCI-X, 8-Port SATA cards in favor of the newer PCIe cards in conjunction with 1 or more port expanders. I am sure this has probably been discussed here ad‑nauseam, but everyone’s situation is relatively unique, so I will forge ahead, fishing for ideas, comments, tips, tricks or whatever you think I need to know. The only super relevant post I could see in a quick search was a very short post by RacerX back in March. I’m going to need a little more hand-holding than he does to get this done. When I purchased the newer motherboard, I had originally intended to just upgrade the hardware, downsize a bit and continue with WHS2011. Now, I am thinking that might not be the best decision. I was planning to construct a secondary server alongside the WHS2011 box anyway, and move the drives over after I get the new server running stable. This would include reinstalling the Server OS. So why not just install a better OS instead? Shouldn’t be that much more effort, right? At least that is what I am thinking. This is where I need some coaching. So along those lines, I have a few questions/issues I hope some of you might be kind enough to help me with: 1. Firstly, is anyone here still using WHS2011, and if so how much longer are you planning to stick with it? How are you handling the security issues by using an OS that has not been updated in over a year now? Are you concerned? If not, why? 2. I have read that Windows Server Essentials is what I should consider. Which version would be best for me? I am still planning to run several pieces of hardware that might not be Windows 10 compatible, an OS I am not a fan of at all! Also, there is PRICE. I don’t think the budget will handle a $600 or $700 OS acquisition cost. I think 2012 is quite a bit cheaper than 2016, but I am not 100% certain about that. I’m thinking Server 2012 would probably be the best choice, but what do you guys think? 3. What major features would I be giving up that I had in WHS2011, and what would I be gaining by going to WS Essentials? Does Essentials have a Dashboard like in WHS2011? 4. Most Important: How does DrivePool and Scanner interface with Essentials? Is it similar to WHS2011 or will they BOTH run as standalone products ONLY? Thanks everyone! Really appreciate your input. I’m sure I will probably have more questions as I get further into this, but this is what is on my mind right now. GDog
Hello, I am on version 184.108.40.2066 and i tried to update to the newest version (220.127.116.110). As you can see on the screenshot the shown version isnt updating correctly. I tried to install it again with admin rights but its not possible cause the installer let me only chose "repair" and "uninstall". Can i uninstall CloudDrive and install it again without losing my settings? Its not only the version which isnt updating, im missing some features which are on my 2nd pc are there (auto retry when drive gets disconnected,..). OS: Win Server 2012 (up2date). No security solution or firewall installed. regards
Hey guys, I'm currently trying add/replace another drive to my as my current drives are 3-4 years old and getting to the point of potential failure, despite Stablebit Scanner saying nothing. (Just me being paranoid and thinking ahead). Now, I've added, and removed drives before without any issues but what are the best practices for drive failure to get everything back and running. Current pool is 1x 4TB 1x 3TB 2x 2TB All at 2x Duplication, so 3.83TB left free of 10TB Pool. Anything I should do/tweak ahead of time? Also, I know y'all are working on getting CloudDrive up and running, but do you know when the next stable release for DrivePool is going to be? It seems I've been running on 18.104.22.1681 forever but I'd rather not roll my dice with the Betas. Thanks!