Jump to content
Covecube Inc.

Ublala

Members
  • Content Count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hi all, So I've been using Stablebit Clouddrive for Plex for a couple of months now. I have an unlimited google drive and my media database is now almost at 5.5 TB. Overall my experiences have been good. I have multiple plex users and we've been able to stream with 5 people at the same time (more my server won't allow, it's not thát powerful), where all the media files come from the cloud using Clouddrive. My problems begin at night with the acquisition of new media. Since my server is most used during the day I've set it to acquire new media from 24.00 hours to 6.00 hours. This is usually more than enough time with my internet connection of 300 mbit. All acquisition is automated: users can request whatever they want, server acquires it during the night, stablebit puts it in the cloud and Plex can access it. Sounds kinda great right? Here's the problem. Every night when a lot of new media is being acquired, stablebit clouddrive unmounts my drive. If it's not that much it'll be OK but a lot of data seems to crash it. I usually get errors like 'cloud drive is having trouble downloading data from google drive'. This in itself is weird at that time, since no media is being accessed and there's supposed to be only uploading of new media. Still, to fix it, I've set a speedlimit on media acquisition so enough bandwidth is left for cloud drive to download from google drive. Unfortunately to no avail. The biggest issue here is not the unmounting itself. Yeah it's annoying to retry mounting every morning (by hand), but it remounts without problems. The problem is in my movie files. After unmounting almost all files will be said to have no audio by Plex (???!), it doesn't matter if it's new or if I've just been watching the night before. After remounting they seem to have lost their audio. This is weird, but it becomes even weirder. I've found out (don't ask me how) that moving the folders seems to fix it. my structure is as follows: (G:\)-> movies -> movies-> 'individual folders for each movie'. After remounting I move all individual movie folders out of the movie folder directly to (G:\). Then I tell plex to rescan my library, all movies disappear (like they are supposed to). After the scan is completed I move all the individual movie folders back to their original location (G:\)->movies->movies. Now I tell Plex to scan the library again, plex sees all movies as recently added (annoying..) but now all the files have audio again?!?! So the good thing is: my movies all work again. The bad: A shitload of manual work (where everything is supposed to be automated), new movies won't be registered as new anymore since áll movies are new now. Does anyone have an idea how I might be able to fix this?
  2. So I've been trying for the best setup for using CloudDrive (1.0.0.782 BETA) with Gdrive for Plex. After initial issues I've now found the settings with which I have no streaming issues when using Plex. But.. Every day (every single day...) the drive unmounts. Sometimes I can just click retry and it'll work, sometimes I have to re-authorize and sometimes it causes my whole system to hang and I have to reboot because otherwise I cannot use my computer. I've no idea why this keeps happening, there is also no telling when it will happen, sometimes during the day but mostly it has happened when I wake up. My whole system is automated, so it's a real pain to check CloudDrive every morning and then having to deal with a crashed computer/unmounted drive/ recovery (I have a cache of 50GB, which it has to re-upload almost every day, kinda annoying..). At this moment I'm running drivetracing and fiddlercap, but since there is no telling when the error will occur next I'm not sure how much help it will be. As soon as it happens again (probably tomorrow morning) I'll also open a ticket.
×
×
  • Create New...