Movies loose audio after unwanted unmount

Ublala

Question

Hi all,

So I've been using Stablebit Clouddrive for Plex for a couple of months now. I have an unlimited google drive and my media database is now almost at 5.5 TB. 

Overall my experiences have been good. I have multiple plex users and we've been able to stream with 5 people at the same time (more my server won't allow, it's not thát powerful), where all the media files come from the cloud using Clouddrive. My problems begin at night with the acquisition of new media.
Since my server is most used during the day I've set it to acquire new media from 24.00 hours to 6.00 hours. This is usually more than enough time with my internet connection of 300 mbit.

All acquisition is automated: users can request whatever they want, server acquires it during the night, stablebit puts it in the cloud and Plex can access it. Sounds kinda great right?

Here's the problem. Every night when a lot of new media is being acquired, stablebit clouddrive unmounts my drive. If it's not that much it'll be OK but a lot of data seems to crash it. I usually get errors like 'cloud drive is having trouble downloading data from google drive'. This in itself is weird at that time, since no media is being accessed and there's supposed to be only uploading of new media. Still, to fix it, I've set a speedlimit on media acquisition so enough bandwidth is left for cloud drive to download from google drive. Unfortunately to no avail.

The biggest issue here is not the unmounting itself. Yeah it's annoying to retry mounting every morning (by hand), but it remounts without problems. The problem is in my movie files. After unmounting almost all files will be said to have no audio by Plex (???!), it doesn't matter if it's new or if I've just been watching the night before. After remounting they seem to have lost their audio. This is weird, but it becomes even weirder. I've found out (don't ask me how) that moving the folders seems to fix it. my structure is as follows: (G:\)-> movies -> movies-> 'individual folders for each movie'. After remounting I move all individual movie folders out of the movie folder directly to (G:\). Then I tell plex to rescan my library, all movies disappear (like they are supposed to). After the scan is completed I move all the individual movie folders back to their original location (G:\)->movies->movies. Now I tell Plex to scan the library again, plex sees all movies as recently added (annoying..) but now all the files have audio again?!?!

So the good thing is: my movies all work again. The bad: A shitload of manual work (where everything is supposed to be automated), new movies won't be registered as new anymore since áll movies are new now.

Does anyone have an idea how I might be able to fix this?

1 answer to this question

The "cloud drive is having trouble downloading data from google drive" error means that the drive is having issues grabbing data from Google Drive.

While you may not be reading data, by accessing the drive, Windows (and/or Plex) is.  And it can cause problems.   Specifically, too many errors in a short period of time will cause the drive to unmount, as to prevent the system from locking up due to IO errors. 

The simple solution for now would be to increase the number of failures that need to occur before a drive dismounts. 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Advanced_Settings

Set "CloudFsDisk_MaximumConsecutiveIoFailures" to "10" and reboot the system.  

This may help to prevent the issue.

Also, it may help to increase the cache size, so that more data is kept locally.  

Additionally, increasing the number of threads by 1 or 2 may help.  And increasing the "minimum download size" will help reduce the number of API requests. 

As for the not playing audio, that is really weird as well.  But it's clearly not an issue with the file itself.

Either clear the cache (in StableBit CloudDrive, under "manage drive"), or initiate a rescan in plex.

Changes are that this is a metadata issue with Plex.  As in, it "loses" the media info about the files and defaults to the "wrong" audio codec.  Which ... would cause the issue. 

The clearing the cache should ensure that it isn't a consistency on the CloudDrive disk, itself.