• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Any information on this: StableBit FileSafe ?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

Customer and Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA, USA

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

Almost  B) Do I also get an early-bird-asking-for-it-discount? You can prepare the license for me, I will buy it  B)

Well, it should follow our standard licensing model. If you own a copy any other products, you can get it at a discounted price, and multiple licenses for cheaper, as well.

• Ginoliggime, vapedrib and theastcn like this

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

Microsoft MVP for Windows Home Server 2009-2012

Lead Moderator for We Got Served

Moderator for Home Server Show

This is my server

Lots of "Other" data on your pool? Read about what it is here.

#22 Benoire

Benoire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:36 PM

Well, StableBit DrivePool and StableBit Scanner has remote management built into them.

You can install the software on another computer and remotely connect to another system. 

http://stablebit.com...=Remote Control

As for iSCSI... it may not be as simple... but Server 2012R2 does include the feature, and you could set it up.

As well... :)

Hey Christopher,

I meant more of a webgui, I tend to run my servers headless and find a webgui quite easy... I guess I got spoilt slightly by Synology Disk Station Manager 5.1 and wondered if you had considered developing such a thing.  I'd happily pay good money for a drivepool/scanner based parity system with webgui and the ability to control HDDs (format, filesystem, etc.) within this interface.  Don't really need iSCSI, although the MS solution I just can't get to work with Xenserver 6.5 so I've got Starwind Virtual SAN instead... I'm just throwing this out there for thoughts, Flexraid is good for what it does but I'd discard it in a second for a stablebit product :-)

#23 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:04 PM

Well, I'll pass along the suggestion for a WebUI. :)

It's not a bad idea at all.

As for the parity based solution... It may be possible to integrate that into StableBit CloudDrive, actually. Though, I'm not sure if that would require a significant change to it, or not, but it was mentioned offhanded by Alex that it may be possible. (and i'm probably saying too much here....)

As for the iSCSI, yeah, the Microsoft feature is definitely  confusing. But the StarWind software is very good, IIRC.

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

This is my server

#24 sean10780

sean10780

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:11 AM

Almost  B) Do I also get an early-bird-asking-for-it-discount? You can prepare the license for me, I will buy it  B)

Ditto, And if he needs beta testers, Alex knows where to find us. Hopefully you are reading this Alex. :)

#25 lee1978

lee1978

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

Hi

I'd also pay for any of the upgrades we ask for Alex has a company to run and already gives us a lot for what we pay for so I for would be happy to Pay for the parity and filesafe programs, infact I would be happy to pay for new versions of drivepool and scanner just had to for the new version Ihomeserver.

#26 Umfriend

Umfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

If FileSafe is what I think it is and I can also get the grouping feature (for duplication) then I would be more than happy to pay another $10 to $15 to my DP/Scanner setup. That isn't charity, I am a cheap miser.

#27 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Ditto, And if he needs beta testers, Alex knows where to find us. Hopefully you are reading this Alex. :)

There will be a blog post, for sure. 

And we will create new sections in the main site for it, and new forum areas, as well. 

So you'll definitely know when it's available to the public.

ANd while it will be a beta product... it feels very stable, so far.

As for a discount, I'll ask Alex, but I can't promise anything.

Hi

I'd also pay for any of the upgrades we ask for Alex has a company to run and already gives us a lot for what we pay for so I for would be happy to Pay for the parity and filesafe programs, infact I would be happy to pay for new versions of drivepool and scanner just had to for the new version Ihomeserver.

Well, We don't plan on charging for new versions. It's a lifetime license, and we plan on keeping that way.

If FileSafe is what I think it is and I can also get the grouping feature (for duplication) then I would be more than happy to pay another $10 to $15 to my DP/Scanner setup. That isn't charity, I am a cheap miser.

Well, Alex really wants the grouping feature in DrivePool, and specifically for duplication and CloudDrive, so it should "make the cut", and hopefully soon.

As for StableBit FileSafe, well, Alex is also itching to get that started and done, also because of CloudDrive. It's the next project on the list, and should fit in VERY well with DrivePool and CloudDrive.

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

This is my server

#28 Benoire

Benoire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:00 AM

Alas I've now had to move from Flexraid t-raid as it wasn't compatible with dynamically expanding iscsi drives (or MSFTs own iscsi target server at all).  Shame, as I like real time raid.  Back using drivepool... So much nicer and easier to use, working out how to you snapraid now in the meantime... Looking forward to anything you guys can do on parity protection now, especially realtime!

#29 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:42 AM

Alas I've now had to move from Flexraid t-raid as it wasn't compatible with dynamically expanding iscsi drives (or MSFTs own iscsi target server at all).  Shame, as I like real time raid.  Back using drivepool... So much nicer and easier to use, working out how to you snapraid now in the meantime... Looking forward to anything you guys can do on parity protection now, especially realtime!

Well, I'm sorry to hear about the issues with FlexRAID and iSCSI. :(

As for the Parity, it may be a while off, it at all. StableBit CloudDrive is a huge piece of code, and very complex. Parity would be even more complex, so it may be a while before Alex feels up to looking into it, especially as the next project after this is pretty much StableBit FileSafe, and that's not being developed yet.

But we do know that a lot of people really are looking for parity, so at the very least, I'll keep on bringing it up to Alex. 

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

This is my server

#30 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

For everyone interested, we have officially released StableBit CloudDrive. 

It is a public beta at this point, so we do expect some bugs and troubleshooting initially.

After that, we do have some plans for StableBit Scanner and StableBit DrivePool, but these shouldn't (hopefully) take too long.

And I know that Alex is keen on getting StableBit FileSafe started, as well.

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

This is my server

#31 Hawk30100

Hawk30100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

Are there any more detailed information about StableBit FileSafe?

What functionality is planned for this tool? (Backup Tool? File Versioning? ...)

#32 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:12 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding!

It's in the "planning" stage. Which means no code has been written for it, yet.  

Specifically, we want to focus on getting StableBit CloudDrive out and stable before starting on anything else. Though, it is definitely on Alex's mind (the developer). 

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

This is my server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users