• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Delaying Drivepool start-up (integration with CloudDrive)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 borez

borez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:37 AM

Hi there,

First and foremost, congrats on the stable release of CloudDrive. A milestone indeed!

Gave CloudDrive a re-spin, and it's much better integrated with Drivepool. I'm successfully running 3x duplication (one offline, one to the cloud via Clouddrive).

However, I need to remeasure the pool upon every startup - Drivepool kicks in before CloudDrive is started. I've tried these solutions but to no avail. my virtual disk dependency is correctly set for both CD and DP.

http://community.cov...e-after-reboot/

My observation on start up sequence:

1) The drivepool gets recognized almost instantaneously upon startup, but without the added cloudrive. 

2) CD starts, gets mounted - then the drivepool gets updated immediately with new capacity. But by then the pool is dirty and I need to re-measure it.

EDIT: I also keep getting a "Duplication inconsistent" error, although I believe it's more of my placement rules than anything else. Is there any way to restrict the clouddrive to store only files with 3x duplication enabled? my backup priority would be for 2x dups to be fully offline, and 3x dups to have both offline and online.

#2 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

Customer and Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA, USA

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

Try this: 

http://wiki.covecube...vanced_Settings

Set "CoveFs_WaitForVolumesOnMountMs" 50000, and see if that helps. 

Otherwise, you could run "services.msc", find the "StableBit DrivePool Service", right click on it and select "Properties". Then set the "startup type" to "Automatic (Delayed)", and that may help with the issue. 

• Mirabis likes this

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

Microsoft MVP for Windows Home Server 2009-2012

Lead Moderator for We Got Served

Moderator for Home Server Show

This is my server

Lots of "Other" data on your pool? Read about what it is here.

#3 borez

borez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

Try this: 

http://wiki.covecube...vanced_Settings

Set "CoveFs_WaitForVolumesOnMountMs" 50000, and see if that helps. 

Otherwise, you could run "services.msc", find the "StableBit DrivePool Service", right click on it and select "Properties". Then set the "startup type" to "Automatic (Delayed)", and that may help with the issue. 

Unfortunately no go. Tried both options including the Automatic (delayed) service. The service does get delayed. but it still re-measures. After that i get a duplication inconsistent message and need to re-check all over.

#4 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:48 PM

The other option is to add the StableBit CloudDrive service as a dependancy for StableBit DrivePool.  However, this is a bit more complicated, and requires registry editing. 

• Mirabis likes this

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

This is my server

#5 borez

borez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

The other option is to add the StableBit CloudDrive service as a dependancy for StableBit DrivePool.  However, this is a bit more complicated, and requires registry editing. 

Unfortunately tried this, and go go. This is a deal breaker, and I'll be removing the Clouddrive from the drivepool. I'm going back to manual backups - hope future iterations of DP can fix this integration.

#6 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:30 PM

In this case then, could you enable boot logging for StableBit DrivePool, and reboot, so that this occurs.

http://wiki.covecube..._Log_Collection

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

This is my server

#7 borez

borez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:47 AM

In this case then, could you enable boot logging for StableBit DrivePool, and reboot, so that this occurs.

http://wiki.covecube..._Log_Collection

Unfortunately I've removed the clouddrive, but prior logs should have the errors. Have uploaded the files. 

Thanks for following up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users