yet another ssd optimizer question / issue

clonea1

Question

it appears that my SSD drive is being fully bypassed by new files and going directly to the spindle storage.

i am useing dedicated drives for certain purpose's and oganization.  so videos go to V; recordedtv from MCE goes to R; backups b; etc... so for the placment rules i have done the arhcive disk plus the cache disk (S for SSD)

what i am seeing is that the things for R skip the S first and then go direct to R, videos go direct to V etc....

the problem is that these are all storagespaces backend drives and they are dual parity so the write speed on them is INSANE slow.  so i want the new data to cache into the 3 way mirror of SSDS as they are incredibly fast, hang out for a little and drain to the parity back end drives.  but what is instead happening is all new content to the server is going in at the insane slow speeds 

in the short term just to test that the S drive would drain is manually directly put content into the s:\pool..... location and did a remeasure and then it would drain to the expected locations.  but yeh if i just put it to D the drivepool disk nope skips cache

image.thumb.png.2691aab48ca91acccca8aa0040696d3b.png

image.thumb.png.98670eb4d0e3a79532a95da6c50dee5c.png

image.thumb.png.68e816b21b737590dd4e227de96b4d8b.pngimage.thumb.png.244a3b6e4258bc9d59b570f93ec7614f.png

image.thumb.png.7473397dc72435fb0e03c9132b8f1e43.png

and so on, i dont think i need to include each print screen ? 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet