How to see what specific data is being written into cloud at the moment?

red

Question

I'm seeing some weird constant uploading, while "to upload" is staying at around 20 t o 30MB. Tried looking through technical details, toggling manyt things to verbose in the service log and looking at Windows resource monitor, but all I can see are the chunk names.

So is there something I can enable to see what exact files are causing the I/O?

Edit: I was able to locate the culprit by other means, but I'll leave the thread up since I'm interested to know wether what I asked is possible via Cloud Drive.

2 answers to this question

CloudDrive itself operates at a block level, so it isn't aware of what files in the file system are being written to or read by the applications on your computer. Much like the firmware for a HDD or SDD is unaware of that information as well. So, that is to say, that it isn't possible via CloudDrive. Windows Resource Monitor or Process Explorer or another tool to look at Windows' file system usage would be required--as it sounds like you discovered.

I thought I found the issue out by sorting Windows Search of the Cloud Drive contents via latest changes, and there were some few thousand small changed files which should have been going to a whole another drive, I fixed that, and I see no actual changes in the data for the past 30 minutes. Yet the upload counter is sitting at around 50MB now and pushing  upload @ 40Mbit. The upload size left seems to be decreasing at a very small speed though, like one megabyte a minute.

I'll continue investigating. Thanks for the info about the block level stuff, makes sense. This is most likely a mistake by yours truly.