CloudDrive covefs_disk.sys causing BSOD on shutdowns and restarts

Xenocell12

Question

EDIT: Sending a support request in the Contact area as well. :)

Hello!

I'm currently having a troublesome issue where my Windows Server 2016 seems to crash during the moment the CloudDrive shutdown delay service is running during shutdowns or restarts.

This is happens 80% of the time.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it's CloudDrive or other stablebit products.

Even much more worse, if I have to restart the machine while it's still recovering I get BSODS for sure.

The attached image is from an iLO session.

I imagine the first thing you'd want is tracing logs.

The issue happens in public builds. And on beta builds.

Please let me know if you require more details on specific versioning. I'm currently on all latest beta builds from July for scanner, drive pool, and Cloud.

Untitled.png

2 answers to this question

Submitting a ticket was the right call, here. It may be a bug, it may be a conflict with another service. It may even be a hardware or Windows issue. So you'll need to work with support via the ticket system.

In any case, you should go ahead and download and run the Troubleshooter (https://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter), which will gather a bunch of information and submit it for your ticket. Just enter the ticket number you were given in the requisite field when you run the tool. Christopher and Alex will let you know if they need anything else from there.