My Gdrive partition soon out of space, how can I increase it?

ndr

Question

Hi,

When I started with CloudDrive I created a 60TB volume and thought that would be enough but soon I am out of space. I need to increase this volume but not sure what options I got.
What is the easiest way to solve this?

I tried the "resize" option but seems like I a sector size setting (4kb) for my drive won't let me increase it any more.

Is it possible to recreate the drive from scratch without removing the uploaded content in Gdrive?

1 answer to this question

On 7/27/2020 at 3:02 PM, ndr said:

Hi,

When I started with CloudDrive I created a 60TB volume and thought that would be enough but soon I am out of space. I need to increase this volume but not sure what options I got.
What is the easiest way to solve this?

I tried the "resize" option but seems like I a sector size setting (4kb) for my drive won't let me increase it any more.

Is it possible to recreate the drive from scratch without removing the uploaded content in Gdrive?

We should clarify some terms here. A partition, or volume, is different than the size of the drive. You can expand a CloudDrive drive up to a maximum of 1PB irrespective of the sector size. But the sector size will limit the size of individual volumes (or partitions) on the drive. A CloudDrive can have multiple volumes. So if you're running out of space, you might just have to add a second volume to the drive.

Note that multiple volumes can then be merged to recreate a single unified file system with tools like Stablebit's own DrivePool.