Jump to content
Covecube Inc.
  • 0
banderon

"Bay" and "Last Scan" data reset after unplanned restart

Question

My system just restarted. I'm not sure whether it's due to some Windows update or a crash of some sort or what... but when it booted up again, all the "Bay" and "Last Scan" data in Scanner was reset. The scans are an annoyance... having to rescan all my drives will take a while. But the Bay info is hard to work out again as I don't know another way other than disconnecting the drives and reconnecting them one at a time.

Any thoughts on whether there's a way to restore the Bay info? Or, more generally, on what happened? Otherwise, thanks for some amazing products!

 

Scanner v2.5.4.3216, running on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 00.31.24.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 00.28.32.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
11 hours ago, banderon said:

Scanner v2.5.4.3216, running on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter.

The loss of information after a crash/hard reset and sometimes even normal reboots has been fixed since version 2.5.4.3246.

You're running an older affected version, consider upgrading to the newest stable one 2.5.6.3336.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
28 minutes ago, Wiidesire said:

The loss of information after a crash/hard reset and sometimes even normal reboots has been fixed since version 2.5.4.3246.

You're running an older affected version, consider upgrading to the newest stable one 2.5.6.3336.

 

Gotcha, thanks. I'll upgrade.

I assume there aren't any logs or anything though that I can use to restore the lost Bay info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You can take a look at old Disk and DiskID files under:

C:\ProgramData\StableBit Scanner\Service\Store\Json

Another option would be to right click on the drive, "Ping Disk" and then check which drive indicator on your NAS/DAS/enclosure/whatever lights up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
43 minutes ago, Wiidesire said:

You can take a look at old Disk and DiskID files under:

C:\ProgramData\StableBit Scanner\Service\Store\Json

Another option would be to right click on the drive, "Ping Disk" and then check which drive indicator on your NAS/DAS/enclosure/whatever lights up.

Ooo I'll take a look at that location. Thanks!

I'd tried the ping method earlier, but could never get the indicator lights to calm down enough to be able to make one out amongst the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...