very odd behavior - 0 bytes free, wrong icons, write issues

kageanrage

Question

Hi brains trust,

I'm getting some very odd behaviors from my Drivepool, which has otherwise been stable for 1+ years, hoping you can assist.

I've attached my Drivepool screenshot - it looks happy, despite oddly marking my printer as a (non-pooled) hard drive.

I've attached my 'This PC' screenshot - this looks odd in multiple ways:

* '4TB Internal C (E:)', which is part of the pool, is showing with zero bytes free. If I double-click to browse that drive, windows explorer shows that it has no contents, whereas this should be nearly full of pool content.

* Internal (G:), which is part of the pool, is also showing with zero bytes free. Unlike E: though, if I double-click to browse in windows explorer, it contains a file named 'PoolPart.1435e189-785b-491d-a5ec-40402557f667' of 0KB file size, whereas again this should contain pool data

* 2TB External (K:) looks ok in the 'This PC' screenshot, however double-click to browse and all it apparently contains is a 1KB shortcut link to 'USB Drive (L)'

* TB External (L:) is also showing as '0 bytes', browsing shows no contents, 

My torrent software keeps reporting that it is having issues writing to the pool, although I can manually copy/paste to it successfully.

All my data does still appear to be visible and accessible through the pool (Drivepool I: in the screenshot above)

As you can see it's very unhappy and I'm nervous about the safety of my data, would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks very much

dp.JPG

This PC.JPG

E.JPG

G.JPG

dp.JPG

This PC.JPG

1 answer to this question

I think that your problem is that you simply don't have enough free space. You should never write a disk that full. You should at least leave 10% free on each of your disks, even without drivepool your windows would give errors at some point because of this. The best advice I can give you is either try and clear up some space or add another disk to the pool and pray it can balance it back to acceptable levels.