Add function to mount folders as drive letters

Cubox

Question

Hi,

One of the key things that made me dislike DrivePool in the first place was the lack of ability to have "drives" where I could store the data. When using Storage Spaces, I got separate drive letters, and I wanted to keep the setup I had.

DriveBender allow this, due to having each mountpoint be a separate Disk (even showing up in Task Manager, one disk per mount point).

After looking and testing, and despite a post on this forum, I think I found a solution.

While the post is wrong about using subst, I found that by using the registery key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices I could set up the letters as intended.

Having an entry named "E:" with value "\??\D:\Backups" would create a drive with the letter E, pointing into the DrivePool, mounted into D:

I have not worked out how to name each drive differently (they inherit the DrivePool volume name for now)

Having DrivePool manage this by itself would be a great feature to have.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet