"to upload" keeps growing

hagicomplex

Question

I'm running  Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (C drive).  I had 3 cloud drives on Google set up, E, F, G. 16 TB each and each half full. NTFS, default settings. 100gb cache for each on a 1TB SSD exclusively used for cache (D). A week ago there was an unexpected shut down so all three drives started to re-upload their cache. Except the "to upload" for E just kept growing until at around 670 the D drive was completely full. This was despite the fact that my upload speed appeared to be maxed out for days. F and G seemed fine after cache re-upload with no activity. E, however, was regularly downloading data despite no reason for it as no other applications to my knowledge were accessing it. I unchecked indexing options for each drive in Windows explorer. Eventually I destroy E drive in the hope that will solve the problem. Now F is displaying the same symptoms as E. Any ideas what is going wrong?

1 answer to this question

I'm sorry to hear about the issues.

The Unexpected shutdown would trigger the recovery mode for the drives, which means that it would attempt to upload the entire cache back to the Cloud Provider, since we can't be certain what was modified, and what wasn't. 

Also, if the drives are being used while this is happening, it would increase the "to upload" data, as well. 

However, just in case, could you open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact ?