Get SSd Optimizer to upload files evenly from SSD to several drives

NMonky

Question

Hi,

My current set up is this:

2 x 4TB Ironwolf hard drives

3 x Unlimited Google Drives (using Cloud Drives)

All pooled into one DrivePool for use with Plex.

I have my hard drives set as SSDs so that files are moved onto them first. This all seems to work fine.

However, when balancing, it seems to want to then fill one of my Cloud Drives at a time. This is a problem due to the 750GB upload limit.

I have tried pooling the CloudDrives, so Drivepool moves from the SSDs to another DrivePool which is set o evenly distribute, but my system HATED it and became very unstable.

So, is there any setting I can use to get SSD Optimizer to evenly distribute files among the three Cloud Drives?

Alternatively, is there another way I can force files to first move onto the Physical hard drives, and then upload onto the CloudDrives?

I need it all within one DrivePool due to Plex.

Thanks for any help.

1 answer to this question

I have a very similar setup.

Look at the plugin, ordered file placement. Combine that with Prevent Drive overfill.

So the hybrid pool places all my files on HDDs first with ordered drive placement, then, during re-balancing if the prevent drive overfill plugin sees that the HDDs are getting too full (past 95%) it unloads 20% of the files to the cloud pool (down to 75%). The cloud pool is set to evenly distribute files to the 2 cloud accounts... Each cloud account has a cache, so theoretically, they should go on the cache first and queue up for upload.... so this results in simultaneous uploads.