Migrating Duplicated Data from DriveBender to DrivePool

ufcfc

Question

I did a quick search and didn't find anything exactly specific to my question. I previously had used DriveBender and had various folders which had data duplication enabled. I migrated one of my DriveBender pools over to DrivePool for testing. This pool is made up of ~7 drives and around 50TB of total capacity (25TB used).

My question is... Is there any way to have DrivePool recognize the duplicated files already present from the previous DriveBender implementation? I should probably mention (since I may have already screwed up) that I already successfully went through the procedure to copy files from my DriveBender directories into the corresponding PoolPart folders on each disk - and DrivePool sees all of my files correctly - but doesn't recognize any duplication (at least not yet, maybe a scan is required?).

Not sure how to proceed to make sure I'm not wasting double space on redundant duplication. Any info on how this is handled?

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the link. My solution was to take the risk and just delete all of the "FOLDER.DUPLICATE.$DRIVEBENDER" folders in everywhere, and then I redid duplication with StablebBit. I've got everything set up now, and am fully moved over to DrivePool with duplication enabled. I especially appreciate StableBit's ability to set 3x,4x,5x,etc duplication for certain directories.

Just purchased the full version. Thanks for a great product!