Cannot Copy Files to Pool Over LAN - Access Denied

Maniero

Question

Hello,

I'm having issues copying files from my "main" computer to my server pool.  I keep getting Permission/Access Denied messages.  I have tried the fix outlined in StableBit DrivePool Q5510455 without success.  I can add files without issues if I do it from the server itself - either physically at the machine or through remote desktop.  However write access over LAN is not being allowed.

I enabled logging and found the following warnings:

DrivePool.Service.exe    Warning    0    [RemoteControlKeepAliveListener] Error receiving. A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall    2018-12-15 00:10:45Z    2240783559820

DrivePool.Service.exe    Warning    0    [CoveFsPool] Error checking system volume information permissions. Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.    2018-12-15 00:12:29Z    218726916

Drive balancing does not appear to be working either, which may be related.

Running Windows 10.

Any insight would be much appreciated, thank you!

3 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Maniero said:

DrivePool.Service.exe    Warning    0    [RemoteControlKeepAliveListener] Error receiving. A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall    2018-12-15 00:10:45Z    2240783559820

This is unrelated.  Specifically, it's an error with the Remote Control feature, and is very normal. 

DrivePool.Service.exe    Warning    0    [CoveFsPool] Error checking system volume information permissions. Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.    2018-12-15 00:12:29Z    218726916

This is normal, and can be ignored. 

I'm having issues copying files from my "main" computer to my server pool.  I keep getting Permission/Access Denied messages.  I have tried the fix outlined in StableBit DrivePool Q5510455 without success.  I can add files without issues if I do it from the server itself - either physically at the machine or through remote desktop.  However write access over LAN is not being allowed.

Check both the NTFS security permission settings, AND the file share permission settings.  

The simple way is to set the share permissions to "everyone" having Full Control.  This way, it falls back onto the NTFS permissions. 

However, you may need to add the accounts locally, or you may need to add guest accounts, so that the client systems can access the shares properly. 

Thank you very much for the reply.  Good to know those warnings are normal and not related.

I am still having issues, however.  I switched over the permissions and controls to "Everyone" without any luck.  Here are 2 snips of what those look like.

Any thoughts?

snip1.PNG

snip2.PNG