Scanner continues to report disk is damaged even after re-format

Nerva

Question

So, I got a message saying that one of my older disks is damaged and I may have lost data.   Fortunately, I use DrivePool with duplication.   I had Scanner scan the disk and the file system, but it kept showing the error saying it was unable to read one cluster and I may have lost data.   So I ran the windows checkdisk with the option to scan for bad sectors -- it found some problems -- but Scanner continued to say the disk was damaged etc.   I reran the Scanner scan of the disk and file system, but it still showed the error.   I got fed up and removed the drive from the pool and reformatted it (not using the quick format option).   Scanner continued to claim the empty disk was damaged and scanned the file system.   I've since re-added it to the pool again, but Scanner just won't stop saying the disk is damaged.

3 answers to this question

The status for the disk in question needs to be reset or you'd need to wait until it's rescanned.

To reset the status, double click on the drive in question, click on the arrow for the file system health, and then click on the only button there.  You should have a sew options, and pretty much any should be fine.

Since I posted that, I ran the file system scan a few times and it found some marginal files that were recovered, so now the file system checks out fine.   However, it keeps saying the disk is damaged because there's a bad sector -- shouldn't it be able to just mark that as bad, remove it from use, and clear the error flag?