Disk space equalizer not working?

SootStack

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to get all of my drives spinning while I restore 18tb of data to my pool, however I can't seem to get it to use all drives for writing. I am using rclone to do the transfer.

I've got rclone set to do 10 concurrent transfers and even stopping and restarting rclone doesn't change the file placement.
I'm using only the drive space equalizer plugin and equalizing by percentage. All others are disabled.
There are 4 6tb drives and 1 8tb drive. So far it has written ~300gb to the 8tb drive only. 

Are there other settings required for this plugin to work?

My goal is to simply have it round-robin write files to all disks without regard to free space remaining. 

DrivePool: 2.2.0.651 and 

diskspace Equalizer Plugin 1.0.2.4

4 answers to this question

Glad to hear it.

And just to clarify, the Disk Space Equalizer just rebalances the data that's already there. It doesn't alter how the software decides to place new files. 

Specifically, new files are placed on the disk with the most available free space (measured absolutely, rather than as a percentage).

It is this that may have caused the issues you were seeing, and rebalancing just moved files around enough to get it to trigger the behavior you wanted better.