Need suggestion for syncing content to my cloud drive

Seoulstar

Question

Hello everyone,

I have been using Drivepool and Scanner for several years now and love the products.  I recently decided I needed to take the next step and copy my most valued files into the cloud.  I signed up for 1tb of space on Dropbox and installed and activated the 30-day trial of Cloud Drive.

I have a 60tb pool (consisting of local hard drives) using file duplication and what I want to do right now is sync my family photos and videos from the pool into the cloud drive.  So, they would be in my pool and in this newly-created cloud drive.  They are in their own nice folders.  Because I am using file level duplication I’m not sure that it would make any sense to add my cloud drive into my pool.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to accomplish this kind of synching?  Am I overlooking something simple or am I looking at installing another program to do this?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to accomplish this kind of synching?  Am I overlooking something simple or am I looking at installing another program to do this?

I can't directly answer this. But from the sounds of it, you may be best suited with a thirdparty backup software, that could potentially utilize the clouddrive as the backup destination.

Hello everyone,

I have been using Drivepool and Scanner for several years now and love the products.  I recently decided I needed to take the next step and copy my most valued files into the cloud.  I signed up for 1tb of space on Dropbox and installed and activated the 30-day trial of Cloud Drive.

I have a 60tb pool (consisting of local hard drives) using file duplication and what I want to do right now is sync my family photos and videos from the pool into the cloud drive.  So, they would be in my pool and in this newly-created cloud drive.  They are in their own nice folders.  Because I am using file level duplication I’m not sure that it would make any sense to add my cloud drive into my pool.

Thanks!

If you would like to keep them separated and I don't really see a benefit of adding the coulddrive to the pool, than I would recommend a really nice, lightweight program called SyncFolders. It will do everything you like and give you a bit of options if you would like it to have any kind of backup or just a 1 to 1 sync. Good news is it is completely free and I have been using it for years.

http://www.syncfolders.elementfx.com/

Thanks,

Desani