Edge case bugs?

Nick Nightingale

Question

I am using 2.0.0.260 BETA on Windows 7 x64

I set up a two drive pool with whole drive duplication but not real time.

I moved a large Visual Studio 2012 C#/C++ project onto the pooled drive.

When building the project I get a few strong name signing errors which prevent the build completing.

Moving the same source tree back onto one of the individual drives in the pool no longer gives errors.

Also I moved my SQL 2008 R2 folder from the non-pooled to pooled drive. When fixing the permissions I got repeated warnings that the security descriptors were out of order. Again this doesn't happen on the non-pooled drive.

Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

I'll check out these scenarios to see if I could reproduce them.

I think compiling DrivePool on the pool would be interesting :)

The second issue sounds especially odd. We don't do anything special with the NTFS ACLs. They're not processed by DrivePool in any way,  they're simply passed through to / from NTFS on a set and get. But I'll try what you suggest and will see what happens.

One of the test servers here is running VirtualBox + XAMPP 24/7 from the pool (with MySQL), but I'll try to get MSSQL into testing as well.

I will test that specifically.

I haven't had a chance to do this yet, but I will test strong name signing specifically.

I don't "expect" to find any issues, but you are on the "todo list".

If there is an issue that is reproducible, it will be fixed (this is why we do extensive public BETAs).