Randomly lost duplication

Pancakes

Question

I was moving around 10GB of files in my TV Shows folder, when I noticed my available free space increasing from 4TB to around 8TB

I franticly searched for any files I had lost, only to see they were all there. I went into my Fileserver VM with Stablebit Drivepool and noticed it was "Balancing" and that my entire 4.7TB TV Show folder was not unduplicated leaving my files unprotected

I re-mesured the pool to see if it would correct itself, but it just continued with balancing. I went into the duplication settings and found my TV Shows folder was now set to 1x instead of 2x like it should be

Is there any way I can find out what happened? I now have over 500GB of data sitting on a drive marked for ONLY duplicated files (Since its a 3TB Seagate with almost 4 years power-on time) while I wait for it to duplicate 4TB of data for no reason

If I lose that drive while its duplicating, Stablebit Drivepool will have completely failed me. Obviously I have backups, but it will be a total pain to restore all that data

I have been running Drivepool for around 3 years now with no real problem, but if this because a frequent event then it will concern me

Thanks 

5 answers to this question

You've also posted this in a ticket, and I've already responded there.

This is a very, very rare issue, and one that is fixed in the latest versions.  Upgrading to 2.2.0.734 should fix this.

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.734_x64_BETA.exe