Upgrading to Windows 10?

BuddyRich

Question

Im contemplating upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10, any gotchas I need to be aware of?  Im hoping to do a clean install of Win 10 on my server vs. an upgrade.  So I would need to reinstall DrivePool.  Do I have to deactivate it first (no hardware is changing, just OS). 

And will it pickup my drivepool drives and settings from the CoveFS and Poolpart folders themselves or is there someting I need to do to "migrate" the pool itself after reinstall it on the fresh Windows 10 install?  (the OS drive will be reformated but its not a part of any pools).

3 answers to this question

No gotcha's. 

If you're doing a clean install, deactivate the license prior to doing so.  Then once you've got the system setup, reinstall StableBit DrivePool and activate the license.  That's it. 

You may not need to deactivate (as we do include leniency to allow for that), but it's "best practice" to do so.

And yeah, it will pick up the pooled disks and automatically rebuild the pool. Nothing you need to do, other than installation and activation. :)

I just did the Aug 2016 update/upgrade and both drivepool and scanner aren't working. They both say "connecting to service" but never get there. Is the answer to this the same?

Download the installers for the version you're using, and run them.  Select the "Repair" option, run that and reboot.