Unknown Unallocated 2TB disk after replacing two drives. (Updated)

Tiemmothi

Question

I recently replaced two 4tb drives that were starting to fail with two 8tb drives. I replaced them one a time over a span of 4 days. The first drive replacement was flawless. The second drive I found an unallocated 2048.00GB Disk 6 (screenshot 1).

image.png.35ad4fce1a1b513944df100d21708633.png

When looking at it via Drive pool's interface it shows up as a COVECUBEcoveFsDisk__ (Picture 2).

image.png.47eb6e6829ba3a017b2cbdb80d1d1e27.png

Windows wants to initialize it. I don't want to lose data. But I'm not entirely sure what's going on. Any insight or instructions on how to fix it?

Thank you.

*Update. My Drivepool is only 21.8TB large so i think it is missing some space. Forgive the simple math. 8+8+4+4 is about 24tb and im showing a drivepool of 21.8tb. Thats about what my unallocated space is give or take.

*New Update. After a few (more than 2) for windows updates and stuff and letting it balance and duplicate it resolved itself.

Edited by Tiemmothi
Update

1 answer to this question

That is  the pool drive.   The 2048GB size exactly, that is the giveaway, and the "COVECUBECoveFsDisk_____" is just confirmation of that.   (that's the driver name).

I'm not sure why that happened, but uninstalling and reinstalling StableBit DrivePool can also fix this. 

And the drive is always reported as that size, in that section of Disk Management.  But elsewhere it shows the correct size.