Set size of pool

letthiswork1

Question

3 answers to this question

Well, we definitely support multiple pools. ;) 

The caveat is that each "disk" (well, volume/partition) can only be added to a single pool at a time.

As for setting the size, the term you're looking for is "thin provisioned", and no, we don't support that. 

The pool size is set by the size of disks added to the pool (regardless of the used/free size).  And changing that would require a significant rewrite to the code. Additionally, thin provisioning is something that is better for block based solutions, given the differences on how they work. 

You *could*, however, use StableBit CloudDrive to do this. The downside is that you wouldn't be able to duplicate only specific folders. It would be "all or nothing" in terms of duplication.

Well, we definitely support multiple pools. ;)

The caveat is that each "disk" (well, volume/partition) can only be added to a single pool at a time.

As for setting the size, the term you're looking for is "thin provisioned", and no, we don't support that. 

The pool size is set by the size of disks added to the pool (regardless of the used/free size).  And changing that would require a significant rewrite to the code. Additionally, thin provisioning is something that is better for block based solutions, given the differences on how they work. 

You *could*, however, use StableBit CloudDrive to do this. The downside is that you wouldn't be able to duplicate only specific folders. It would be "all or nothing" in terms of duplication.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Yeah i was thinking perhaps i can keep the 1 large pool and have my seperate drives as folders and as i increase space i just add another drive to the pool expanding it.

Can you see any downsides to this option?