Add or move existing drives/ poolpart to NAS drive(s)

lammis

Question

Hi I want to "release" one of my harddrives in the pool, and are wondering if I can make a drive on my NAS drive and put the {poolpart} catalog there.

Or I can remove drive from the pool, and make a new catalog on my NAS drive and give it a network drive letter. But will it be able to connect to the pool? None of my NAS drive letters are availible to "add to the pool" in my list here.

Please advise.

Best regards

John-André

3 answers to this question

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here.

However, StableBit DrivePool only allows you to add "physical" disks to the pool.

So StableBit DrivePool doesn't support putting the files on a network share. 

However, if you're NAS supports iSCSI, you could create volumes this way and store the files on the NAS.

Otherwise, StableBit CloudDrive allows you to create "drives" on network shares that can be added to the pool.

Regards

Ok, I'm sorry for my bad expression, it's always better in my head in Norwegian :)

I have a NAS drive (of 4 x 4 TB discs in RAID, and another one that has 2x 4 TB discs). In the largest drive my thought was to create a phsysical drive that is 5-6TB and add this to the drivepool, and by that add some more space that I'm now missing by taking out a 3TB drive from my pool that I want to use for FSX and such.

If you want, please feel free to post in whatever language you're most comfortable with. Between bing and google, one of them should get a decent translation. Or enough for me to get the idea. 

Since I'm still not quite understanding here (sorry), could you lay out where you have the storage?

It sounds like you have several NAS devices with RAID arrays.  Could you list what NAS devices you're using, and what storage each one of them has?