Starting service (2 Days)

zombieslayer287

Question

After 3 YEARS of flawless use since I bought my StableBit license in Jan, 2020. I woke up to complete horror that my pooled drives were GONE. The drives in the pool are still connected, running, perfectly operational, and their respective data correctly divided. I opened stablebit drivepool to investigate and see this message which I have never seen before. HELP? What's going on???

WTFSDAD.PNG

1 answer to this question

Had this happen to me also.

Don't know what happened bu I can tell you how I fixed it.

1. If they are not.  Assign a drive letter to each pool drive then run chkdsk with a /R

2. After all have been done.  Power Down your computer and unplug the cord.

3. Press the power button again and watch for a flash.  Wait a minute.

4. Power back up up holding windows key down.

5. Allow a few minutes for system to settle down.

Check Stablebit and should be okay. I think that sometime during the last week or two a supply chain for an update was sent out that turned off some background functions.  I am using a GA-78LMT-USB3 board by Gigabyte.  Everything was great on Windows 7 and rain fine.  When I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed a driver would not initialize.  After days of checking, I found it to be board level device that did not affect anything I had configured.  Now after may update, that Board Level Device is bouncing back and forth between background functions and has settled into the USB section  Mine was in the Generic Superspeed USB HUB. When I did the above.  The problem went away and all 14 drives are online and have not been ofline since.

I suggest GRC InControl.  Goggle that as I don't like to add links that will go away