Cannot Transfer License...

woodshampoo

Question

I have been using WHS 2011 and DrivePool for about 2 years or so now.  Well I upgraded my hardware, deactivated my license and tried to activate my license on the new hardware.  Low and behold, it says it works, but in reality never does.  I've opened a ticket and am waiting some help because at this point, my pool is pretty much dead in the water.  I have also tried the manual way using a second computer.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Alright, FYI to the Forum.  Fantastic service, incredibly quick, and I'm up and running.  Solutions were sent quickly, and patiently eventhough I had to move back some hardware before retesting the license.  All good on my end.  

Now, if only there was a SnapRAID/FlexRAID plugin :)

<HAPPY> Customer for years.

Glad to hear it! :)

As for the SnapRAID/FlexRAID, we do have a few unofficial guides:

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/52-faq-parity-and-duplication-and-drivepool/

However, adding parity to DrivePool directly? Even if we did (and that's a big if), it would be proprietary (in house), rather than through somebody else's product.

Absolutely I didn't mean to say use FlexRaid or SnapRaid, instead I would like a CoveCube driven functionality.  I was just using those names as people know what functionality they bring.

Ah, okay.

So you mean some sort of parity (or more specifically), file integrity verification of the pool's content.