• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

EX495 WHS v1 system disk crashed

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 DaveO

DaveO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

The old server drives show 3.5 years of service, they are in the external enclosure and still appear to be holding all or most of the data.  None have hit the 90% limit.  I don't know how to force the data off the old drives.  Do you have a wiki for that ?  The pool performance bar is now solid aqua.

Drive pool shows 797 GB duplicated and 824 GB other.  I'm not sure what the other data is.  All the files were moved into the drive pool.

#42 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

Customer and Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 8,394 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA, USA

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

Did you remeasure or reset DrivePool's settings?  If not, then it may not have properly indexed the contents, and would be why you have a large amount of "other" data.

As for forcing data off, you can use the "Disk Usage Limiter" balancer to do this. Uncheck both "Duplicated" and "Unduplicated" data for the drive in question.

Or you can do it... manually.

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

Microsoft MVP for Windows Home Server 2009-2012

Lead Moderator for We Got Served

Moderator for Home Server Show

This is my server

Lots of "Other" data on your pool? Read about what it is here.

#43 DaveO

DaveO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:11 AM

One of the old pool disks had some media files in a shares folder in the DE folder.  All three of the old pool drives are holding backup files from v1 in the DE folder (backing up 4 computers).  This is where the bulk of other data is coming from.  I guess I can delete the DE folders as I have zero intention of going back to v1.  I did notice that whs 2011 is storing backup data unduplicated in the data portion of the system drive.  Can I move that into the pool  for duplication ?

#44 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

Customer and Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 8,394 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA, USA

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:52 AM

Before deleting the folders, I'd make sure there is nothing of importance to them.

The guide I posted much early describes how to move the "DE" folder structure to the StableBit DrivePool Structure, as well. Moving all of that data into the pool.

Here is that link again. http://wiki.covecube...vePool_Q5463715

Once the data is moved out, then yes, delete the DE folders, but don't do so beforehand, unless you don't care about that data.

As for the Client Backup Database, you can absolutely move that onto the pool. And we highly recommend enabling duplication on that folder, because it can be very bad if you lose even one file of the backup database.

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

Microsoft MVP for Windows Home Server 2009-2012

Lead Moderator for We Got Served

Moderator for Home Server Show

This is my server

Lots of "Other" data on your pool? Read about what it is here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users