Not all disks (freshly formatted) showing up under "non-pooled"

thedarktower

Question

Hey all,

I had DrivePool set up some months ago during the trial period (with the 4 disks Db1-4 in one pool) but , after that one ran its course, I didn't buy a license. I couldn't take any of the disks out of the pool (because I only got so far as "please enter serial") and thus deinstalled it.

Now, after buying a license today and installing the latest standard version (and later the BETA), two of my disks are not showing up under "non-pooled". I cleaned the remaining files from them, formatted the disks, restarted, reinstalled DrivePool: nothing helps.

On the attached screenshot you'll see the DrivePool interface, what's shown under "My Computer" and the "disk management" part in the admin tools of Windows 8.

Maybe you have an idea where the problem's coming from.

Thanks in advance.

post-1586-0-48090200-1398942550_thumb.jpg

1 answer to this question

Yes, that is unusual and not supposed to happen. However it does, once in a very great while.

You've opened a ticket for this issue as well, and I've responded there. However, I'll post the response here as well:

could you upload the log folder for StableBit DrivePool?
Just do steps #5-7

And then get a memory dump of the StableBit DrivePool Service?

Once you've done that, try resetting StableBit DrivePool's settings and see if that helps:

Regards