Business Licensing

Tomsk

Question

As a personal user of Drivepool, I've recommended it to my company for their new server.

The server will be running Essentials 2019 and all it does it hold files for about a dozen PCs and 20 users. 

Drivepool will be installed on the server only.

Which license does my company need?

1 answer to this question

On 8/9/2022 at 10:50 AM, Tomsk said:

As a personal user of Drivepool, I've recommended it to my company for their new server.

The server will be running Essentials 2019 and all it does it hold files for about a dozen PCs and 20 users. 

Drivepool will be installed on the server only.

Which license does my company need?

I think you should contact Stablebit sales directly, not via this forum, on licensing issues. Having said that, I have submitted a support request a number of days ago and have yet to receive any answer. Do you really want to run DrivePool on a company server, have a problem, and not get any support? There used to be a moderator on these forums who was very helpful, but obviously if you posted your question on 9 Aug 2022 and it is now 1 Sep 2022 without an answer, that should indicate to you that DrivePool may not be up to the support standards required by your company.

I used Windows Storage Spaces for a number of years, but it has all kinds of bugs and absolutely zero support. I moved to DrivePool about 3 years ago and find DrivePool to be much better for me. But, I cannot remember the last time DrivePool was updated and wonder if anyone is actively working on improvements.