Improved subfolder placement

undead9786

Question

So I have been looking around and there have been people asking on both this forum and reddit from 2018 to have better subfolder placement. What I mean is if a subfolder is created that everything within that subfolder should be kept on that same drive (if possible). People have said to use Ordered File Placement plugin but that is just filling up each drive until it hits a threshold and then moves onto the next. Files get updated or more files get added and it can easily go to being a mess like it currently is. Another one is to make rules but you have to micromanage the subfolders and once more subfolders get created that is more micromanaging.

I saw in a post that it would require a rewriting of code to make this happen. It's 4 years later and I don't see anything that has been at least moved toward having the option to do this. Is there a 3rd party plugin that provides support for this? Not sure why there is no option, that I can see, for this. Any guidance from anybody where you can set a rule that anything below a certain hierarchy should be best effort to keep in 1 location?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet