Please Help: Data disassociated/Invisible on one drive

doge95

Question

Hi all,

After a recent power outage that also involved a UPS failure that resulted in a hard shutdown on my Windows 10 PC running DrivePool, DrivePool said a drive was missing. Odd, but the same drive showed as unpooled and ready to add so I clicked add then removed the "missing" drive. Clearly this is not the right order in which to do things but I was in a hurry and not paying attention.

Anyway, the data is "there" in that Windows Explorer shows that the 8TB drive only has 500GB free space but the drive only has the 0kb drivepool file and a 0kb drivepool folder that I'm able to see if I show hidden files/folders. Nothing else is visible.

How do I get this data back into the drivepool?

Please help my Plex server is messed up :'(

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

1 answer to this question

I ran into a similar situation recently, only my SSD ended up with 2 different PoolParts!? What I did was to manually move my data off the older PoolPart on that SSD to the newer PoolPart on that same SSD, and DrivePool seems to be OK with that solution. I then deleted the older PoolPart folder on my SSD. Everything seems to running OK, but I won't swear that was the best method to clean up the old PoolPart. But it is similar to your situation, so I hope this helps.