mondog

Question

Hello - I have been using WHS2011 and Stable Bit Drive Pool on a HP Proliant N54L for several years. I have been happy with it, and don't really want to change, however it is 2020 now and as i understand it, support for WHS2011 ended in 2016...

So, I got my hands on a QNAP TVS-671 (Intel Core i5 based) NAS and was wondering if there is any way to still use Windows/Stable Bit Drive Pool with this hardware?  

The NAS does support VM's, but it has to be set up in some way (either JBOD or RAiD) before I can create/use VM's, so I don't a VM running Windows/Drive pool would work.. Would it?

Or even there's a way to run Windows/Stable Bit Drive Pool on a separate physical machine, and then use the NAS as a 6 bay enclosure connected by a single cable, with Drive Pool providing the fault tolerance, etc, I would be interested in that..Or any other suggestions for a way that I could use this QNAP NAS hardware with Windows/Stable Bit Drive Pool... 

Any ideas/suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet