Ephemeral Error Notification Missing Detail

fjih

Question

I received an email alert today from Scanner stating that one of my drives was "expected to fail within 24 hours". However, the email contains no further information as to what the reason for the prognosis other than stating "S.M.A.R.T. Failure". I immediately checked Scanner, and the drive is listed as Healthy.

Additionally, I didn't receive a Pushover notification for the event. The test notification works fine.

Checking the Scanner logs, I don't see anything around the timestamp indicating an issue other than what is likely the missing Pushover notification:

Scanner.Service.exe	Warning	0	[Notifications] Error sending notification for '#VIn'. The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.	2023-03-27 16:33:42Z	603317826906

The disk in question is PHYSICALDRIVE5, and grepping the logs for this drive shows nothing for the entirety of the logs (spanning 6+ days) other than:

Scanner.Service.exe	Information	0	[Scheduler] Disk '\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE5' should not be scanning...

and one instance of:

Scanner.Service.exe	Information	0	[DiskInfo] Creating '\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE5'

The entirety of the email notification I received:

StableBit Scanner
S.M.A.R.T. Failure on "VENOM".
One or more disks are expected to fail within 24 hours:

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
        Model: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
        Serial number: S1DHNSAF691912M

You are receiving this message because you have set up email notifications to be sent to this address from the StableBit Scanner.

Edit:

I should point out that I was hoping to see additional information on what S.M.A.R.T metric failed. This is my first failure notification in Scanner, so I'm not sure what to have expected. Additional information in the log would also be preferred.

Edit2:

Should have noted that I'm on version 2.6.3.3969

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet