Problem with Archive disks

est3ban129

Question

I run into the problem that my drivepool does not allow me to balance the disks now, I moved drivepool from computer and now drivepool tells me a file limit on each disk of 0.0%, with the SSD it works fine but with the archive disks it does not work.

1858771373_Capturadepantalla2022-11-14135502.thumb.png.085268b30acd7d5be2d2ace5713bdf50.png

I run into the problem that my drivepool does not allow me to balance the disks now, I moved drivepool from computer and now drivepool tells me a file limit on each disk of 0.0%, with the SSD it works fine but with the archive disks it does not work.

The file location limit is always 0.0% and I don't know how to fix it.

200012423_Capturadepantalla2022-11-14135547.png.3b34485666e9dd8026caa3b492503b9c.png

1 answer to this question

On 11/14/2022 at 6:58 AM, est3ban129 said:

I run into the problem that my drivepool does not allow me to balance the disks now,

From what I understand, Balancing only moves files your SSD front end cache into the Archive drives. That's all I see happening.

If you are talking about Equalizing data on all the Archive disks, I have never known DrivePool to do that by will. For Equalize, DrivePool writes new data to HDDs that have more capacity.  As DrivePool writes new data to the HDDs, it will more or less equalize the data among the pool. But i have never seen it rob one drive to free up space and then move that data to another HDD that has more free space.

If anyone is able to get DrivePool to equalize HDDs on demand, I would like to know how.