Problem with symlinks 'disappearing'

TomTiddler

Question

I have a pool (call it IANSPOOL) which has the following file system structure within it ....

IANSPOOL

--->Music

--->ITunes

----ITunes Music

I now create a symlink at IANSPOOL\Music\Music  which points to IANSPOOL\Music\ITunes\ITunes Music

I used "mklink /d " to create the symlink

I checked that this worked, and sure enough I can display IANSPOOL\Music\Music in File Explorer and see all of the files under IANSPOOL\Music\ITunes\ITunes Music. IANSPOOL is shared on my network as \\ROOTMACHINE\IANSPOOL, and I checked that the symlink worked through the network. No problem.

Later that day I noticed that one of my applications that makes my music library available as a media stream only had a fraction of the library available, sure enough there was still a directory showing at IANSPOOL\Music\Music but it only contained a fraction of the actual files, and more importantly, it was no longer a symlink!!

Does anyone have a clue what could be going on?

Edit -- If it helps I've checked all the machines in my network and all have "fsutil behavior query symlinkevaluation" showing all modes set to enabled (L2L, L2R, R2L, and R2R)

Edited by TomTiddler
Clarification

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet