Jump to content
Covecube Inc.

CharredChar

Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I see. I figured it was something along the lines of it being in RAID but I was confused why HD Sentinel would find it but others wouldn't. I might actually end up flashing my RAID Cards into IT mode which will allow them to act like HBAs and pass the drive over to the OS instead of requiring a RAID0 setup for each disk. The last couple disk failures have sure been a hassle because of the RAID aspect. this is just one more thing to push me towards doing it. Oh look, another project this weekend! Thank you. Nevermind, seems IT mode is not possible with this card! Thank you for all of t
  2. I see. I ended up removing all the data from the PoolPart folders, removing all drives and recreating my pools as it seemed I have a few other issues lingering. Some times it is best to just start fresh... Since this is more than likely to come up again in the future (drive failures are inevitable...) I will remember a settings reset will fix it, assuming I don't have the future version by then. My settings are pretty simple so this actually takes less time than redoing the pools.
  3. I have a Dell R710 with a PERC6/i and a LSI 9280-8e which have all of it's disks in single RAID0 arrays to use inside of Windows 10. The issue I have with this, which I've seen other tools have this issue too, is it does not pass a lot of information of the disk onto software, it just comes up as generic information. The only tool I have found so far that managed was Hard Disk Sentinel but the software is buggy and painfully slow. I would like to switch to using Scanner, as I am quite happy with DrivePool, to monitor my drives SMART data and email me when ever an issue comes up or maybe even d
  4. So this is the first time I've had a drive failure while using DrivePool. I'd like to first say I am quite happy with how the software handled the missing drive, locking the rest of the drives from writing when one went missing helped prevent any errors with SnapRAID. I am now coming across an issue though. As SnapRAID has recreated all of the files on the disk, including the PoolPart folder, everything sees the drive as the same one it replaced beyond its UUID being different which seems to have caused a conflict in DrivePool. More specifically is that the drive "reappeared" in the pool b
  5. I was figuring as much, just based off when you re-measure or re-balance. I was just wondering if there would be a simple option I missed or some way to implement to just report half of current without needing to remeasure beyond what the drive is currently reporting. Thank you for the detailed information.
  6. I am currently using DrivePool on two sets of disks, one of which are two 1TB drives that I have set up to duplicate each other as well as show up as a single pool. This is mostly used for more important documents, photos as well as the most accessed disks on the system such as the downloads folder. One "issue" I have been having with doing it this way is that the "Free Space" shown as available is the total of the two, which in most cases is what you'd want. The problem I have with that in my use case is it is really half as much. This is not so much of an issue if I Always (not the case)
×
×
  • Create New...