Any information on this: StableBit FileSafe ?

Benoire

Question

Hi,

I've noticed on the roadmap an item called 'Stablebit FileSafe' due for release sometime this year... Any word on what this is?  I'd love real time parity protection using drivepools pooling system, rather than snapshot and I'm loathe to move to a competitor to achieve this and wondered whether filesafe was something similar to parity?

Just curious more than anything.

Cheers,

Chris

Ditto, And if he needs beta testers, Alex knows where to find us. Hopefully you are reading this Alex. :)

There will be a blog post, for sure. 

And we will create new sections in the main site for it, and new forum areas, as well. 

So you'll definitely know when it's available to the public.

ANd while it will be a beta product... it feels very stable, so far.

As for a discount, I'll ask Alex, but I can't promise anything.

Hi

I'd also pay for any of the upgrades we ask for Alex has a company to run and already gives us a lot for what we pay for so I for would be happy to Pay for the parity and filesafe programs, infact I would be happy to pay for new versions of drivepool and scanner just had to for the new version Ihomeserver.

Well, We don't plan on charging for new versions. It's a lifetime license, and we plan on keeping that way.

If FileSafe is what I think it is and I can also get the grouping feature (for duplication) then I would be more than happy to pay another $10 to $15 to my DP/Scanner setup. That isn't charity, I am a cheap miser.

Well, Alex really wants the grouping feature in DrivePool, and specifically for duplication and CloudDrive, so it should "make the cut", and hopefully soon.

As for StableBit FileSafe, well, Alex is also itching to get that started and done, also because of CloudDrive. It's the next project on the list, and should fit in VERY well with DrivePool and CloudDrive.

Alas I've now had to move from Flexraid t-raid as it wasn't compatible with dynamically expanding iscsi drives (or MSFTs own iscsi target server at all).  Shame, as I like real time raid.  Back using drivepool... So much nicer and easier to use, working out how to you snapraid now in the meantime... Looking forward to anything you guys can do on parity protection now, especially realtime!

Alas I've now had to move from Flexraid t-raid as it wasn't compatible with dynamically expanding iscsi drives (or MSFTs own iscsi target server at all).  Shame, as I like real time raid.  Back using drivepool... So much nicer and easier to use, working out how to you snapraid now in the meantime... Looking forward to anything you guys can do on parity protection now, especially realtime!

Well, I'm sorry to hear about the issues with FlexRAID and iSCSI. :(

As for the Parity, it may be a while off, it at all. StableBit CloudDrive is a huge piece of code, and very complex. Parity would be even more complex, so it may be a while before Alex feels up to looking into it, especially as the next project after this is pretty much StableBit FileSafe, and that's not being developed yet.

But we do know that a lot of people really are looking for parity, so at the very least, I'll keep on bringing it up to Alex. 

For everyone interested, we have officially released StableBit CloudDrive. 

It is a public beta at this point, so we do expect some bugs and troubleshooting initially.

After that, we do have some plans for StableBit Scanner and StableBit DrivePool, but these shouldn't (hopefully) take too long.

And I know that Alex is keen on getting StableBit FileSafe started, as well.

Sorry for the delay in responding!

It's in the "planning" stage. Which means no code has been written for it, yet.  

Specifically, we want to focus on getting StableBit CloudDrive out and stable before starting on anything else. Though, it is definitely on Alex's mind (the developer).