Unable to set advanced power management for this disk

alternativesurfer

Question

Does anyone know why I would be receiving this error?

It occurs on my 2 HGST 4TB NAS (0S03664) drives which are housed in a Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 ...

It pops up when I attempt to change the settings to anything other than "Max Performance (no standby).

I also have been unable to put these drives in Standby using the right click context menu.

Thanks!

post-1839-0-13306000-1420675824_thumb.png

3 answers to this question

If you're unable to change the values here, then it is because your drive is providing the settings a "read only" mode. 

that means that you can view it, but it won't allow you to change them. 

Unfortunately, in that case, there isn't a whole lot that we can do.

Additionally, Alex has a long post detailing a lot of the ins and outs of the disk control and power management functionality:

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/48-questions-regarding-hard-drive-spindownstandby/

Not really. These options are HEAVILY dependant on your disk's firmware. We expose the options and settings. But there is only so much we can do. Any more .... and it could cause serious problems.

For instance, there are other tools that will FORCE the mode, but generally, the disks do not wake up at all until manually woken up. I believe that HDDScan does this.

At best, you may be able to set the windows Power Management settings to help facilitate the behavior automatically.