DrivePool duplication

Subbarayudu

Question

Greetings,

I would appreciate education and guidance on how I can duplicate data in one pool to another similar sized pool.

Setup: WHS v2011 server (HP ProLiant G7 N54L MicroServer) with four storage drives (2x4TB WD Red Plus and 2x8TB WD Red Plus) and a 250 GB boot drive that came with the HP server.

With DrivePool, two pools of 12 TB each, a combination of one 4TB and one 8TB drive are setup. Presently, all data is stored in the first pool. Data is family pictures, family videos, music, personal documents such as Word, Excel, etc. and WHS enabled client backups from multiple laptops of different family members.

Second pool is completely empty and has no data in it.

I want to replicate all the data in the first pool (all of the past and anything added going forward) into the second pool. Can this be achieved using DrivePool?

I noticed in the DrivePool GUI, there is a 'Pool File Duplication' feature. Does this do what I want to get done? Will it duplicate only files or will it duplicate laptop backups also? There is a checkbox for 'Protect my files from more than one drive failure at a time'. Checking this on, I assume, will make three additional copies of the original and store it on each of the other three drives. Since the drives are not exactly the same size and there is not enough room for three copies, I assume it is not good to check this box.

If DrivePool cannot do what I need, I would appreciate any suggestions on how this can be achieved using a different product. Thank you.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet