Best method to connect to Hetzner Storagebox

RichardB

Question

Hi all, I am setting up CloudDrive on my Windows server to access a Hetzner Storage Box which I am trying out with a view to using it as an offsite copy of my media files. The plan is to set up the Hetzner box as a CloudDrive pool, then use DrivePool to dupe the data. There is about 10 to 12 TB in total. 

So, I was wondering what the best way to connect might be? Hetzner supports a number of protocols, but which is generally the bestest? Interested more in robustness than speed: this is for an offsite copy that won't be accessed that often, but needs to be kept up with the local copy. 

Any thoughts?

1 answer to this question

Well, no replies to this one, so I thought I would post my own results. I used SFTP. The connection seemed stable, but Hetzner is damn slow. I was only able to get a speed of 3mbps, which meant that it would take over 180 days to copy the 10TB I wanted. So, back to looking for another provider with decent speeds.