Avira reporting that one of Scanner's .dll is trojan

pettakos

Question

I am experiencing a problem with avira reporting that a stablebit scanner's DashboardTab.dll file is a TR/Dropper.MSIL.GEN2 virus while attempting to block it. It happened several times when running the software.

I installed the trial yesterday, I uninstalled it due to the above mentioned reason, rebooted, disabled avira's real time protection, reinstalled it everything went fine.

I don't know if it's blocking the program running in the background, while embedded to drivepool. I am very satisfied with Drivepool, so I wanted to try scanner as well before I buy it, but apparently I am running into issues. Is there any workaround?

4 answers to this question

Unfortunately, we do run into this issue periodically. And other than sending a false positive report, and hoping that hte files gets removed from the list ......

If you exclude the entire StableBit Scanner (and StableBit DrivePool) program folder, it should help.

Specifically:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\StableBit\Scanner",

"C:\Program Files\StableBit\Scanner", and 

"C:\Program Files\StableBit\DrivePool".

Yes, definitely.

Unfortunately, since we are a small software vender, some antivirus scanners may be overzealous and scan our flags as "malicious".  

Ironically, this usually happens with StableBit Scanner, but it does happen with StableBit DrivePool occasionally, as well. So we recommend excluding both folders, just in case.

Just wanted to chime in on the topic since I had just had a run in with Avira as well.

In my case, I was prompted by Avira of "Scanner.DashboardTab.dll" as being a trojan.  A quick online search and it lead me to here; implemented the recommended exceptions but attempts to open the dashboard resulted in error (error send report prompt).

Solution: Finally in occurred to me to look in what Avira had quarantined, and sure enough, "C:\Program Files (x86)\StableBit\Scanner\UI\Scanner.DashboardTab.dll" was there -- restored, and dashboard launches normally.