Limit how long balancing can run

phhowe17

Question

I've just added a couple of 14 TB drives to my pool and it is taking forever for the re-balancing to complete.   Is there a way to limit re-balancing to run for only a certain duration (e.g. 10 hours), or to only run during certain time windows (e.g. 10pm to 6 am). 

1 answer to this question

I second that request.  I would also like to see a rebalancing window in time rather than just a time to start balancing each day. 

Covecube folks  - it's disappointing to see how little development has taken place on Drivepool for many  years now.  It's still a solid product and much appreciated, but it seems that the recent upgrades have been related to Stablebit Cloud, which is of course a subscription service.  I paid for that to support you guys even though I don't think it adds that much  - but if I'm going to pay for a subscription service, I'd rather pay for the products I need (Drivepool and Scanner) and see improvements in those. 

Drivepool has needed improvements in options for years now and almost none of the requests have found their way to production.  

I would happily pay a reasonable subscription cost if it would mean more development.